This Curvi Yogi is a SURVIVOR!
Meet Nique, a yogi who has changed how she takes care of herself in order to be the best she can be at all times!
1. What is the affirmation that resonates with you right now in your life? Why did you pick this affirmation?
The affirmation that resonates with me right now in my life is “Live Life without Limits”. I chose this affirmation because its a reminder to live life freely and in my own truth.
2. How did you start your yoga practice?
I first started my yoga practice about four years ago after being diagnosed with Epilepsy. There came a point in my life where I had to decide to make a change to live a better life for me or continue down this slope of stress, unhappiness and living up to others expectations.
3. As a Curvy Yogi, what obstacles have you had to overcome in your practice?
As a Curvy Yogi one thing I had to overcome was being okay with my shape and understanding that I don’t have to be a certain body weight, size, or structure to achieve certain poses and to do what makes my body feel comfortable.
4. What is your favorite yoga pose? Why?
My favorite yoga pose is Goddess Pose because it makes me feel like a supreme, powerful and sensual woman.
5. What is your least favorite yoga pose? Why?
My least favorite yoga pose is Center Splits because I have yet to accomplish getting down completely to the floor. However, this is a continuous progress.
6. Do you use props in your practice? If so, what is your favorite prop to use? Why?
Yes, sometimes I use props in my practice. They will consist of the wall most of the time, a chair, yoga blocks or stool.
7. What advice would you give to other Curvy Yogis who are trying to build their practice?
My advice for other Curvy Yogis is to surround yourself with people who look like you. I find that in this you can find motivation, inspiration, understanding and a sense of sisterhood within those who have struggled just as you have.
Thank You Nique for sharing your practice with us!
You can find Nique on Instagram here.