This Curvi Yogi is FOCUSED!
Meet Keyona, a yogi who had found ways to make it easy to practice!
1. What is the affirmation that resonates with you right now in your life? Why did you pick this affirmation?
I can focus my attention at will
I rely on this affirmation to help me prioritize when I feel overwhelmed with multiple projects and am unable to finish them.
2. How did you start your yoga practice?
My first introduction to yoga was a group fitness class during my freshman year of college. I started my practice about 6 years later as away to focus my attention on myself and developed my desire for self-awareness.
3. As a Curvy Yogi, what obstacles have you had to overcome in your practice?
Absolutism. I can’t always practice for an exact hour everyday, but I can make it to the mat a few times a week for 5min. I used to feel like if I didn’t have an hour it wasn’t worth it, but something is better than nothing.
4. What is your favorite yoga pose? Why?
Pigeon pose because it helps me open my hips. I started training Muay Thai and the kicks are all about hip rotation. This pose is always in my warm up and cool down routine.
5. What is your least favorite yoga pose? Why?
Chair pose because it’s the most uncomfortable to hold for me. I can usually breathe through most of the poses I try, but my breathing feels restricted in this pose
6. Do you use props in your practice? If so, what is your favorite prop to use? Why?
Sometimes. My favorite prop is a bolster pillow for mediation and savasana.
7. What advice would you give to other Curvy Yogis who are trying to build their practice?
Make it easy to practice yoga.
If you can leave your mat out at home, do it.
If you don’t know what to do on your mat, write down a flow you tried in class or saw on YouTube and post it where you practice.
Thank you Keyona for sharing your practice with us!
You can find Keyona on Instagram here.